I am working exclusively with a well established manufacturing family business who has experienced huge successful growth over the last 5 years and is requiring a Financial Controller to come and assist with the next stage of growth.
Based in Ebbw Vale my client has a n exciting opportunity for someone to join the management team and advise on business decisions to take it to the next level.
You will be required to work on site and responsible for building your own team to support you.
- Preparing monthly management accounts.
- Monitoring company performance against budget and any targets agreed by the Directors, including liaising with other staff on budget matters, providing support and training where appropriate or required.
- Monitoring cashflow, credit control and client limits.
- Liaising with company accountants and auditors.
- Monitoring and operating the monthly payroll process.
- Monitoring prices and costs and looking for cost reduction opportunities, working with Senior Manager and others as appropriate.
- Monitoring HMRC VAT returns and ensuring that returns and payments are timely.
- Arranging and overseeing any hire purchase or leasing agreements.
- Reconciliation of all balance sheet control accounts on a monthly basis.
- Assisting with grant opportunities in relation to the acquisition of machinery and equipment, or the engagement of new employees.
- Supervising accounts staff and discussing individual performance and training development.
- Analysing data and providing reports as required.
- Helping to shape and deliver objectives as part of overall strategy of growth and control of costs.
- Responsible for cash management, bank reconciliations, accounts payable activity and all other day to day finance tasks
Skills and requirements:
- An appropriate accounts qualification preferred (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA) and demonstrable knowledge of mathematics and accountancy. Qualified by experience will also be considered.
- Ideally you will have a manufacturing background but this isn’t essential
- Experience in a similar role, with some experience of leading other people.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work as a member of a leadership team, operating strategically to pre-identified objectives and targets.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- High level of Excel skills required
- Familiarity with standard business software, including Sage, Excel, Office etc.
If interested then please send me your CV and I will be in touch ASAP