Recruit 121 are working exclusively with one of the leading FinTech companies in the South West / Wales area to find a CFO to help its continued growth. This award winning business has capitalized on the rapid growth of its in demand solution in the inevitable shift in to a digital world, in which the opportunity poses an unsaturated trillion pound industry.
The CFO will join a well experienced executive team and will lead the company’s finance function as you take it through large funding rounds, possible M&A or IPO exit?
Your Key Responsibilities Include
- Lead the finance, accountancy and compliance functions of the company including responsibility for the recruitment and employment of all the staff in those department.
- Manage the allocation and maintenance of the company’s capital and liquidity
- Manage the processes for financial forecasting and budgets
- Oversee the preparation of all financial reporting
- Provide comprehensive, timely and accurate financial reporting and MI
- Establish all necessary systems and controls
- Assisting the executive team on long-term financial and business planning
- Tracking cash flow and analysing the company’s financial weaknesses and strength, whilst proposing corrective actions
- Senior responsibility for the company’s compliance with regulations, particularly from the Financial Conduct Authority
- Act as the company’s Data Protection Officer (DPO) and Money Laundering Reporting Officer(MLRO)
- Maintain an appropriate compliance culture ensuring that systems and controls operate such that all aspects of the Company’s operations comply with applicable regulations including financial crime
- Senior responsibility for the company’s legal affairs
- Ensure that the company complies with all its legal obligations
- Ensure that all partnerships, material outsourcing arrangements are covered by contracts that protect the interests of the company and control rise
- Lead on any due diligence processes
- Ensure that the company’s terms & conditions and other legal documents for clients are simple & effective and protect the company.
- Establish systems and controls to ensure the proper financial management of the business
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with external partners, stakeholders and investors
- Take a leading role in sourcing appropriate funding for the business.
- Take the leading role in any M&A activity that the Board determine.
- Take the leading role in any flotation or IPO that the Board may determine in the future.
- Optimise the companies tax affairs
- Take lead responsibility in developing and maintaining systems to provide visibility to the companies Key Performance Indicators in a prompt and timely fashion.
- Participate at company board meetings to provide reporting & commentary on all matters contained here-in.
- Regularly review the policies and process for identifying and assessing business risks and the management of these risks
- Support the CEO and other leaders in establishing, prioritizing and delivering tactical, operational and strategic initiatives across the business.
- Additional duties as delegated by the Board.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) with proven experience in an entrepreneurial, technology related business ideally led by a Founder
- Previous start-up experience, knowledge of how to implement new processes at speed
- In depth knowledge of the processes and procedures taken by Venture Capitalists and private equity funds
- Previous exit experience, primarily towards mergers, acquisitions and IPO
- Commercial mindset with credibility and track record of influencing at board level
- Managing the finances involved with growing a small team to 100+ employees
- Scaling teams and sales functions internationally
- Merchant control,on-boarding and acceptance of international customers
- Previous Fundraising experience, building the data room, undertaking a due-diligence exercise and leading the company to completion.
- Salary: up-to £150k DOE
- Inclusion in the company Share Option scheme