Are you a skilled data engineer who has helped enterprises deploy production-ready data platforms?
Are you keen to implement cutting edge cloud data services, with focus on how consumers use the platform?
Are you interested in building on your existing data and cloud experience?
If you are then Recruit 121 are working with a client to a number of data engineers for roles in Cardiff and Swansea
About the Role
As a data engineer you’ll help the clients deploy data pipelines and processes in a production-safe manner, using the latest technologies and with a DataOps culture.
You’ll work in a fast moving, agile environment, within multi-disciplinary teams, delivering modern data platforms into large organisations.
You’ll get to work with some of the brightest and best in the industry on some of the most exciting digital programmes around.
You’ll have the expertise and confidence toworkcollaboratively with engineers, architects and business analysts in multi-disciplinary teams on client site, and haveexperience in several of these areas:
- AWS, Azure or GCP data services (e.g. Data Factory, Synapse, Redshift, Glue, Athena, BigQuery, Cloud Data Fusion etc)
- At least one distributed NoSQL database(e.g. HBase, Cassandra).
- Stream processing technologiessuch asKafka, Kinesis etc.
- Hadoop ecosystem exposure.
Some of the Perks
- A collaborative and inspiring environment working alongside some of the best tech people in the industry
- Hybrid working – you can vary your working location to allow you to collaborate better, feed your creativity, and take the time and space to focus when you need it
- Training opportunities and incentives – we support professional certifications across engineering and non-engineering roles
- Flexible benefits allowance – you can spend on additional pension contributions, healthcare, dental and more…
- We partner with Lifeworks to offer wellbeing support to our employees
- Life Assurance (4 x annual salary)
- Giving back – the ability to get involved nationally and regionally with partnerships to get people from different backgrounds into tech
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Discounts – we have preferred rates from dozens of retail, lifestyle and utility brands
- An industry-leading referral scheme
Salary is very much DOE but starts at £35 – £50k