Recruit 121 is very pleased to be working with Fintech Wales in sourcing their new CEO in Cardiff.
As the current Chief Executive Officer (CEO) transitions to the role of Chair, FinTech Wales (FTW) is actively searching for a new CEO who will drive our organisation forward and further their vision and mission.
The key responsibilities of this role encompass a wide range of critical tasks. These responsibilities include refreshing our strategy for the next 3-5 years, enabling the voice of the membership, engaging in strategic planning, conducting financial planning and analysis, upholding corporate governance standards, making significant corporate decisions, and assuming accountability for FTW members, our panel, revenue, reputation, and the management of our dedicated team.
Our office is based in central Cardiff, and our team works 3-4 days in the office per week with UK travel.
Strategic (25% of the time)
- Progress the vision & mission build on the successful progress towards our vision and mission, including refreshing the strategy for the next 3-5 years.
- Lead and motivate the team provide clear direction in delivering the strategy, continuing to foster a positive, inclusive and collaborative culture.
- Advocate for the Welsh fintech ecosystem be a champion and ambassador for Welsh fintech at home and abroad.
- Amplify, influence and build programmes, initiatives and other opportunities that underpin the strategy.
- Lead the sustainability strategy, own the financial sustainability plan for FTW, drive performance of the organisation to ensure key revenue and profit targets are met across all areas.
- Data, ensure everything we do is data driven, and we can evidence tangible results from initiatives.
Members & Stakeholders (25% of the time)
- Represent FinTech Wales members, and provide platforms for our members to promote their organisations.
- Support members where FinTech Wales can make a tangible difference to their business and organisations.
- Grow membership continuously while at the same time achieving high member satisfaction and retention.
Governance and Operations – (30% of the time)
- Governance and compliance, ensure governance of FTW is appropriate and compliant, including working with the Chair to review effectiveness of Board and Advisory Panel.
- Financial management, owning the financial performance of the entity ensuring key revenue and profit targets are met across all areas and expenditure is managed.
- Grant funding, work closely with organisations who provide funding for the organisation, ensure we meet all reporting requirements and maintain an open and transparent relationship with our funders.
Promotion & Reputation (20% of the time)
- Stakeholder Engagement across members, government, local authorities, media and academia.
- Promote the ecosystem, ensure we are promoting the ecosystem on platforms inside and outside of Wales.
Key Measures (what success looks like)
- Progress towards the FTW strategy – progress against all strategic pillars, backed up by tangible metrics.
- Promotion & growth of the ecosystem – continue to grow and promote the ecosystem both within and outside of Wales.
- Increase revenue – continue to grow revenue and diversify revenue streams.
- Member satisfaction and retention – continue high rates of member retention, always striving to improve members satisfaction.
- Progress towards financial sustainability – of FTW in the long term
We are keen to hear from candidates with a diverse range of backgrounds, so please do not hesitate to apply even if you do not meet all of the criteria above. We are particularly interested in hearing from candidates who have any experience in equality, diversity and inclusion.
Applications – November
First round interviews – December
Final interviews – January
If you are interested then please get in touch ASAP